Tips to Create Ultimate Mobile Application Development Strategy
Are you planning Mobile Application Strategy for your business and want to know how to develop an effective strategy? Here we are going to share some useful tips to create ultimate Mobile Application Development Strategy
Mobile Applications and Mobile friendly web solutions are most essential part of any small to large business strategy. With the right strategy, Mobile Applications can increase the brand visibility or help to provide value to external stakeholders. But at the same time, one wrong strategy can ruin all of your efforts.
1. Understand Company requirements, Competitors, and Dependencies: Before planning a strategy deep understanding of company’s overall targets, goals, requirements, Dependencies and competitors is necessary. You need to know where your company is, the market conditions it operates in, the strongest competitors, where your leaders want it to be, the customer journey, weaknesses, the strengths, opportunities and threats your company is facing etc. and also make a plan how an App would help your company to improve present conditions. Make sure that your company’s end goal reaches out to the target user of the app to add value to your customer. It is the basic element for your strategy to be successful.
2. Planning: Before creating a mobile application, you need to make a proper plan about what will be useful for your audience, who will use this application, what you want to achieve, what is the expected end of life of mobile app etc. A mobile app can be of two types content based App or data-centric app. Abundant of platforms for Mobile apps are available these days so you should have to decide which one suits you the most according to portability, maintenance etc. For example:
- Native Mobile AppsNative Mobile Apps are developed using native language for specific operating systems or platforms such as Android or iOS.These applications provide the highest UX factor compared to other types of application development.
- Hybrid Mobile AppsHybrid App framework is the combination of both native and web-based apps. These applications provide better portability across platforms.
3. Design and Development: Once you decide what kind of mobile app you want according to your business requirements, proceed to design and development process. Here are some points that you need to consider for Mobile app development:
- Gather information, content and detect device capability.
- Keep your design simple and attractive.
- Keep your Design user-friendly or easy to navigate.
- Keep you unnecessary text or links hidden.
- Speed needs to be taken into consideration.
- All Mobile Apps whether it is a Mobile web app, Hybrid or native should leverage Google analytics. Google Analytics SDK is also available for both Android or iOS.
4. Section 508 Compliance Testing: The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template is a document which evaluates how accessible a particular product is according to the Section 508 Standards. So before sending your app for approval, make your content or app accessible under Section 508.
5. Approval for Mobile App: Before sending the app for approval either it is iOS or Android, learn about their approval process carefully. The main focus of iOS or Android is User experience. So Apps that meet the requirements of platforms or offer value to the customers get approved fast and easily. Test your App before submitting it for approval. User feedback is one of the best options to test an Application.
6. App Promotion:The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template is a document which evaluates how accessible a particular product is according to the Section 508 Standards. So before sending your app for approval, make your content or app accessible under Section 508.
7. Updation and Maintenance:Plan a budget for application maintenance, upfront planning of App maintenance and Updation can lead to reduced costs in long-term. This approach will allow you to focus on delivering improved features.
In a nutshell, we can say that a full proof strategy leads to a great Mobile App. It adds great value to the organization when tracked correctly.